As it was just the season of giving, you should have a big pile of scratch from those family members. From someone who has mastered the art of scratch gathering (I got my rent for the month from these moves), here is a list of time proven tactics.
- Bat those eyelashes like you mean it. Tip: Practice in a mirror beforehand. The awkward bat only gets you laughter.
- Go on and on about how much textbooks cost and how you’re debating between a book or breakfast for the year.
- Tell them you love them or anything else sickly sweet (it may be cheesy, but it works).
- Talk about the cheap, shitty food you’ve been eating all year and make it sound non-optional.
- Send photos of the squalor that you live in (not so much the mess, but the shittiness of your house).
- Help your older family members with the internet and anything else vaguely technological.
- And when tact won’t cut it, simply ask for scratch. Note: best used in airports, bus stations, etc.
Now you’re ready to rake in that dough and make it rain, baby!